ULTIMATE TRIATHLON YAMBA
Situated just a short 2hr drive from the Queensland border on the NSW North Coast, Maclean will be the event central hub for Ultimate Yamba Triathlon. Athletes will begin the much anticipated event in the South arm of the Clarence River, before heading out onto the 3 lap bike course along the waters edge of S Arm Road wrapping up with the exciting 3 lap run course throughout Maclean.
Yamba has a tonne of village charm, pristine beaches, national parks and award winning restaurants. Yamba is a unique holiday or lifestyle experience for the family, explore the myriad of waterways, stroll the uncrowded beaches, go swimming, fishing or surfing but most of all discover Yamba’s friendly hospitality.
The 1.9km swim kicks off in the mighty Clarence River, after completing the 2 lap swim in the calm waters of Clarence River participants mount their bikes and head out on the 90km course. This scenic flat bike leg will be sure to separate the field as you work your way south to Brushgrove, and back towards Maclean. The 3 lap 21.1km run course heads north, along River Road beside the Clarence River and then heads back to the finish line at the event hub where the day began.
SWIM 1.9KM, BIKE 90KM, RUN 21.1KM
LOCATION MACLEAN NSW
COURSE MAPS AVAILABLE SOON
EVENT SCHEDULE AVAILABLE SOON
WHAT YOU GET
We are committed to providing the best possible sporting event experience.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE BENEFITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH YOUR RACE ENTRY:
- FINISHER MEDAL
- FINISHER TOWEL
- EVENT T-SHIRT OR SOUVENIR (NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE OR ON THE DAY ENTRIES)
- VALUABLE DRAW PRIZES
- SPONSORS PRODUCT
- BEAUTIFUL RACE VENUE
- SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED EVENT
- INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL SPORT/CHARITY GROUPS – WHO RECEIVE A PORTION OF PROCEEDS FROM THE EVENT
- SANCTIONING, TECHNICAL SUPPORT & INSURANCE THROUGH TRIATHLON NSW
- AID STATIONS: WITH WATER AND ENERGY DRINK
- POST-RACE SNACKS AND RECOVERY NUTRITION
- BRAGGING RIGHTS & ANNUAL STORIES TO TELL
Multi Race Discount
Ready for an epic season of long-course triathlon? Enter three or more races to receive a 20% discount!
Give us a shout on our contact page and we’ll guide you through the process!
Rules & Guidelines
All athletes MUST compete and comply with Triathlon Australia Rules & Regulations
Event distances will be long-course distance, comprising of a:
- Swim – up to 1.9km
- Bike – up to 90km
- Run – up to 21.1km
Distances may vary due to limitations on courses. Best efforts are always made to ensure leg measurements are as close to the full distance as possible.
The Individual ‘Male & Female’ Age Group formats for the relevant Series are as follows:
- 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
We also offer the Clydesdale (males 100kg +), Athena (females 80kg +) start waves & Race Ya Mate, but the latter has no podium prizes, only bragging rights!
Team options are also on offer for:
- All Male
- All Female
Athlete Age Group is determined as of 31st December 2016
Any athlete can enter the ELITE/OPEN category, however, they will only be eligible for awards, placings and selection in that category ONLY
Open Category Prize Money
Each event will have an Open Category in which participants can win prize money. Conditions are as follows:
- The total of the prize money for each specific event is outlined on each event's page
- Prize money will only be allocated if a minimum of 5 athletes (5 males and/or 5 females) start and finish the entire race in the open category
- Athletes must finish in the overall top 10 across all categories to be eligible
- Athletes must be present at presentation to claim their prize money
- All prize money is inclusive of GST
Race Cut-Off Times
Each of the Ultimate Races will have the following cut-off times from when the athlete started:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes into T1
- 4 hours and 45 minutes into T2
- 7 hours and 30 minutes finish line.
Yamba is a bustling holiday resort, home to a number of beautiful beaches, parks and rivers. The town is built around the mouth of the Clarence River and has all the attributes you would expect of a coastal holiday resort town. Yamba is known for its bountiful sea food and subsequently the two primary industries in are fishing and Tourism. During April temperatures hover in the mid 20’s making this location perfect for racing and holidays.