ULTIMATE TRIATHLON CALLALA
Set on the northern shores of Jervis Bay, Callala Beach is a pristine location with a laid back feel, where the stress of every day life is left behind and waterfront homes and beach shacks are the order of the day. Join us this December for a hit out before the silly season kicks in. Be sure to get in early as numbers for this “boutique triathlon” are strictly limited!
The secluded shores of Callala Beach are the perfect location for this 1.9km swim where athletes will complete a rectangular shaped course. Athletes will then mount their bikes and head out on a 90km ride through the surrounding region lined by the breathtaking Jervis Bay National Park. Once off the bike participants head out on a 21.1km mostly flat run finishing back at quaint township of Callala Beach.
SWIM 2KM, BIKE 60KM, RUN 15KM
DATE 10th DEC 2017
LOCATION CALLALA BEACH NSW
|ENTRY||CLOSES||TA MEMBER||NON TA MEMBER||OPEN CATEGORY* [?]||TEAMS*|
|Early Bird||5pm, 2nd Aug 2017||$279.00||$304.00||$329.00||$329.00|
|On Time||5pm, 27th Nov 2017||$316.00||$341.00||$366.00||$366.00|
|Late Entry||5pm, 6th Dec 2017||$337.00||$362.00||$387.00||$387.00|
|Desperate||On the day||$365.00||$390.00||$415.00||$415.00|
#No event t-shirt included (After Late Entry period, 25th September)
* +$25.00 Day Licence if any team member/s is not a Triathlon Australia Member
^The Elite/Open category is reserved for athletes that hold a pro license or have previous experience demonstrating a similar standard to these athletes. Elite Energy reserve the right to accept/deny athletes in this category at our discretion. For further details or to confirm eligibility without a Pro Licence contact email@example.com.
|Closes||5pm, 2nd Aug 2017|
|Non TA Member||$304.00|
|Open Category* [?]||$329.00|
|Closes||5pm, 27th Nov 2017|
|Non TA Member||$341.00|
|Open Category* [?]||$366.00|
|Closes||5pm, 6th Dec 2017|
|Non TA Member||$362.00|
|Open Category* [?]||$387.00|
|Non TA Member||$390.00|
|Open Category* [?]||$415.00|
*+$20 Day License if not a Triathlon Australia Member
WHAT YOU GET
We are committed to providing the best possible sporting event experience.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE BENEFITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH YOUR RACE ENTRY:
- FINISHER MEDAL
- FINISHER TOWEL
- EVENT T-SHIRT OR SOUVENIR (NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE OR ON THE DAY ENTRIES)
- VALUABLE DRAW PRIZES
- SPONSORS PRODUCT
- BEAUTIFUL RACE VENUE
- SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED EVENT
- INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL SPORT/CHARITY GROUPS – WHO RECEIVE A PORTION OF PROCEEDS FROM THE EVENT
- SANCTIONING, TECHNICAL SUPPORT & INSURANCE THROUGH TRIATHLON NSW
- AID STATIONS: WITH WATER AND ENERGY DRINK
- POST-RACE SNACKS AND RECOVERY NUTRITION
- BRAGGING RIGHTS & ANNUAL STORIES TO TELL
Multi Race Discount
Ready for an epic season of long-course triathlon? Enter three or more races to receive a 20% discount!
Give us a shout on our contact page and we’ll guide you through the process!
Rules & Guidelines
All athletes MUST compete and comply with Triathlon Australia Rules & Regulations
Event distances will be long-course distance, comprising of a:
- Swim – up to 1.9km
- Bike – up to 90km
- Run – up to 21.1km
Distances may vary due to limitations on courses. Best efforts are always made to ensure leg measurements are as close to the full distance as possible.
The Individual ‘Male & Female’ Age Group formats for the relevant Series are as follows:
- 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
We also offer the Clydesdale (males 100kg +), Athena (females 80kg +) start waves & Race Ya Mate, but the latter has no podium prizes, only bragging rights!
Team options are also on offer for:
- All Male
- All Female
Athlete Age Group is determined as of 31st December 2016
Any athlete can enter the ELITE/OPEN category, however, they will only be eligible for awards, placings and selection in that category ONLY
Open Category Prize Money
Each event will have an Open Category in which participants can win prize money. Conditions are as follows:
- The total of the prize money for each specific event is outlined on each event's page
- Prize money will only be allocated if a minimum of 5 athletes (5 males and/or 5 females) start and finish the entire race in the open category
- Athletes must finish in the overall top 10 across all categories to be eligible
- Athletes must be present at presentation to claim their prize money
- All prize money is inclusive of GST
Race Cut-Off Times
Each of the Ultimate Races will have the following cut-off times from when the athlete started:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes into T1
- 4 hours and 45 minutes into T2
- 7 hours and 30 minutes finish line.
ABOUT CALLALA BEACH
Sitting side-by-side at the northern end of Jervis Bay are the three townships of Callala Bay, Callala Beach and Myola. Best known for their stunning beaches, safe bay swimming and dolphin parades, these three villages offer plenty of holiday cottage accommodation and a delightful beach culture atmosphere. There is excellent sailing from Callala Bay and a regional boat ramp and jetty provide easy access to the water.