ULTIMATE TRIATHLON BENDIGO
Since the discovery of gold in its soils, Bendigo has been full of opportunity and in March 2017 this won’t change when Ultimate Bendigo explodes into action. Set just 150km north of Melbourne in the heart of Victoria this is one fast course that competitors cannot miss!
The swim is a 1.9km, freshwater course held in the pristine waters of the Crusoe Reservoir. Athletes will then mount their bikes and head out on an 90km predominantly fast and flat course. The bike course will be a flat 5 lap course that sees competitors ride to the end of Crusoe Rd and back up to make a left into Merindah Rd. The 21.1km run course sees the athletes do a 3 lap circuit around the trails of the Crusoe Reservoir.
SWIM 1.9KM, BIKE 90KM, RUN 21.1KM
LOCATED BENDIGO VIC
COURSE MAPS AVAILABLE SOON
EVENT SCHEDULE AVAILABLE SOON
WHAT YOU GET
We are committed to providing the best possible sporting event experience.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE BENEFITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH YOUR RACE ENTRY:
- FINISHER MEDAL
- FINISHER TOWEL
- EVENT T-SHIRT OR SOUVENIR (NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE OR ON THE DAY ENTRIES)
- VALUABLE DRAW PRIZES
- SPONSORS PRODUCT
- BEAUTIFUL RACE VENUE
- SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED EVENT
- INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL SPORT/CHARITY GROUPS – WHO RECEIVE A PORTION OF PROCEEDS FROM THE EVENT
- SANCTIONING, TECHNICAL SUPPORT & INSURANCE THROUGH TRIATHLON NSW
- AID STATIONS: WITH WATER AND ENERGY DRINK
- POST-RACE SNACKS AND RECOVERY NUTRITION
- BRAGGING RIGHTS & ANNUAL STORIES TO TELL
Multi Race Discount
Ready for an epic season of long-course triathlon? Enter three or more races to receive a 20% discount!
Give us a shout on our contact page and we’ll guide you through the process!
Rules & Guidelines
All athletes MUST compete and comply with Triathlon Australia Rules & Regulations
Event distances will be long-course distance, comprising of a:
- Swim – up to 1.9km
- Bike – up to 90km
- Run – up to 21.1km
Distances may vary due to limitations on courses. Best efforts are always made to ensure leg measurements are as close to the full distance as possible.
The Individual ‘Male & Female’ Age Group formats for the relevant Series are as follows:
- 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
We also offer the Clydesdale (males 100kg +), Athena (females 80kg +) start waves & Race Ya Mate, but the latter has no podium prizes, only bragging rights!
Team options are also on offer for:
- All Male
- All Female
Athlete Age Group is determined as of 31st December 2016
Any athlete can enter the ELITE/OPEN category, however, they will only be eligible for awards, placings and selection in that category ONLY
Open Category Prize Money
Each event will have an Open Category in which participants can win prize money. Conditions are as follows:
- The total of the prize money for each specific event is outlined on each event's page
- Prize money will only be allocated if a minimum of 5 athletes (5 males and/or 5 females) start and finish the entire race in the open category
- Athletes must finish in the overall top 10 across all categories to be eligible
- Athletes must be present at presentation to claim their prize money
- All prize money is inclusive of GST
Race Cut-Off Times
Each of the Ultimate Races will have the following cut-off times from when the athlete started:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes into T1
- 4 hours and 45 minutes into T2
- 7 hours and 30 minutes finish line.
Bendigo, Victoria is famous in Australia for its colourful part it played in the Gold Rush of the 1850’s. The Greater City of Bendigo is home to a little over 100,000 residents where today tourism, finance and agriculture are the city’s largest industries. Situated just 150km’s North of Melbourne the region boasts a vibrant arts hub and flourishing food and wine scene set against rich history, grand architecture, and magnificent gardens.