ULTIMATE TRIATHLON BATEMANS BAY
Located on the NSW South Coast, Batemans Bay has been a long-course favourite for many years. With a perfect combination of challenging hills, enjoyable riding, amazing scenery and an incredible atmosphere. Set upon the intersection of the Pacific Ocean and the stunning Clyde River this is an event for competitors and spectators alike.
The 1.9km swim is a beach start looking out over the Tollgate Islands on Corrigans beach . After completing the 2 lap swim in the calm waters of Batemans Bay participants mount their bikes and head out on the 90km course. This “undulating” bike leg will test the legs as you work your way south to Moruya, complete two legs of the southern end and head back to Corrigans Beach Reserve. The 2 lap 21.1km run course heads north, across the Batemans Bay bridge crossing the Clyde River and back to the finish line directly in front of where the day began.
SWIM 1.9KM, BIKE 90KM, RUN 21.1KM
LOCATED CORRIGANS BEACH RESERVE, BATEMANS BAY, NSW
COURSE MAPS AVAILABLE SOON
EVENT SCHEDULE AVAILABLE SOON
WHAT YOU GET
We are committed to providing the best possible sporting event experience.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE BENEFITS THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH YOUR RACE ENTRY:
- FINISHER MEDAL
- FINISHER TOWEL
- EVENT T-SHIRT OR SOUVENIR (NOT AVAILABLE FOR LATE OR ON THE DAY ENTRIES)
- VALUABLE DRAW PRIZES
- SPONSORS PRODUCT
- BEAUTIFUL RACE VENUE
- SAFE AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED EVENT
- INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL SPORT/CHARITY GROUPS – WHO RECEIVE A PORTION OF PROCEEDS FROM THE EVENT
- SANCTIONING, TECHNICAL SUPPORT & INSURANCE THROUGH TRIATHLON NSW
- AID STATIONS: WITH WATER AND ENERGY DRINK
- POST-RACE SNACKS AND RECOVERY NUTRITION
- BRAGGING RIGHTS & ANNUAL STORIES TO TELL
Multi Race Discount
Ready for an epic season of long-course triathlon? Why not buy a multi-race pass and save! More information is available here.
Rules & Guidelines
All athletes MUST compete and comply with Triathlon Australia Rules & Regulations
Event distances will be long-course distance, comprising of a:
- Swim – up to 1.9km
- Bike – up to 90km
- Run – up to 21.1km
Distances may vary due to limitations on courses. Best efforts are always made to ensure leg measurements are as close to the full distance as possible.
The Individual ‘Male & Female’ Age Group formats for the relevant Series are as follows:
- 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
We also offer the Clydesdale (males 100kg +), Athena (females 80kg +) start waves & Race Ya Mate, but the latter has no podium prizes, only bragging rights!
Team options are also on offer for:
- All Male
- All Female
Athlete Age Group is determined as of 31st December 2016
Any athlete can enter the ELITE/OPEN category, however, they will only be eligible for awards, placings and selection in that category ONLY
Open Category Prize Money
Each event will have an Open Category in which participants can win prize money. Conditions are as follows:
- The total of the prize money for each specific event is outlined on each event's page
- Prize money will only be allocated if a minimum of 5 athletes (5 males and/or 5 females) start and finish the entire race in the open category
- Athletes must finish in the overall top 10 across all categories to be eligible
- Athletes must be present at presentation to claim their prize money
- All prize money is inclusive of GST
Race Cut-Off Times
Each of the Ultimate Races will have the following cut-off times from when the athlete started:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes into T1
- 4 hours and 45 minutes into T2
- 7 hours and 30 minutes finish line.
Series Point Score
Athletes can earn points at any of the races on the Ultimate Triathlon Series calendar which will contribute towards their series point score. The structure of the Point Score will become a simple “accumulative total” of all your points achieved by a Top 10 place, and then 2 points for every finishing athlete there after. The following table displays the point allocation to be applied:
- 20 points – 1st Place
- 18 points – 2nd Place
- 16 points – 3rd Place
- 14 Points – 4th Place
- 13 Points – 5th Place
- 12 Points – 6th Place
- 11 Points – 7th Place
- 10 Points – 8th Place
- 9 Points – 9th Place
- 8 Points – 10th Place
- 2 Points – All remaining finishers
Points are eligible for those competing in all Age Groups, Clydesdale and Athena Categories.
There is a special prize (stay tuned for prize announcement) awarded to the winner in each age group and this year we are introducing the Athena and Clydesdale categories into the point score.
Competitors must ensure they enter the same category with each registration to accumulate series points and must race a minimum of 3 races to be eligible. Competitors are only eligible to win in one category.
ABOUT BATEMANS BAY
Situated at the mouth of the Clyde River, Batemans Bay is an ideal holiday destination, jam-packed with natural beauty. In addition to being the perfect location for triathlons, other attractions include bushwalking, fishing, surfing and water sports. See the Eurobodalla website for more information on things to see and do in Batemans Bay.